Air Source Heat Pumps
Heat your home, not the planet
Incorporating heat pump technology into your home is one of the most economical, effective, and environmentally friendly ways to cover your heating and hot water needs.
As the main source of heat generation comes from the environment itself, the amount of energy required to generate the necessary heating for your home is vastly reduced compared to other methods.
Why an air source heat pump?
There are a number of benefits to be gained from installing an Air Source Heat Pump.
Air source heat pumps absorb heat from the outside air to heat your home. They can work in temperatures as low as -15 and produce flow temps of 75 degrees to your radiators and hot water cylinder.
Low running costs, which can help reduce energy bills. Simple and robust technology with low maintenance and a long service life
Homeowners could benefit from Government incentives, such as the RHI scheme
Removes the need for fuel to be delivered and stored at home, which is common in homes that are in off-gas areas and rely on alternative fuels, such as oil
Heat pumps produce no emissions and are much more environmentally friendly than traditional heating systems
They operate efficiently even in cold temperatures. Just 25% of the energy used by a heat pump is provided by electricity, with the remaining 75% being generated by the environment
The utilisation of natural energy sources means the approach to heating and hot water production is particularly sustainable
ASHPs are incredibly quiet during operation and emission-free
Heat pumps work well with both underfloor heating and radiators with low surface temperatures
ASHPs can be used as part of a climate-controlled system within the home
Types Of Heat Pumps
There are multiple types of heat pumps that can be used and the best one will likely depend on your home location and the surrounding environment.
Heat pumps can use air, ground or water sources to generate hot water and heating for your home.
Air source heat pump (ASHP) look like air-conditioning units. They are less disruptive to install than ground source heat pumps, as they do not require any digging in your garden. They are also cheaper than ground source heat pumps. The Energy Saving Trust (EST) estimates that the cost of installing a typical ASHP system ranges between £9,000 and £11,000.
The payback period (the time taken to recoup the cost of the system in energy savings) depends on how efficiently your system works, the type of heating system you are replacing it with, whether you can get money with the RHI and how you’ll be using the heat generated by the pump.
Our latest articles
Read about our latest developments and our tips on how to heat your home without costing the earth from our library of articles below.