Edinburgh Gas & Renewables are looking for a confident and capable heating Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, repairing, installing and maintaining boilers and heating systems as well as being trained up on renewable technologies such as heat pumps.
A key aspect of the role is working using your own initiative, as well as part of a team to take responsibility for job completion to the expected standards.
Salary: £34,000 – £39,000 dependant on experience
Location: Edinburgh and the Lothians
Holiday terms: 26 days per annum plus 9 public holidays
Application process: Please send CV and short cover letter to [email protected]
Further information: To discuss this role please contact Andrew on 0131 665 4539 or 07723 308 343.
Personal attributes and skills
- Relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance
- Must possess good organisational skills.
- Must be a hard-working, trustworthy and self-motivated individual who possess a positive can-do attitude and is able to work unsupervised using their own initiative and to set deadlines.
- Communication skills must be strong in liaising with colleagues as well as direct with clients and customers.
- Proactive and hands-on approach.
- An attitude for excellent customer service.
- Good level PC literacy, with the ability to learn and use a variety of systems.
- A team player with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Comfortable with seeking out new customers.
- Providing professional assessments and advice for customers.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other trades.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- To be able to eliminate or reduce causes of any root problems.
- Must be confident to work alone.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible towards hours and place of work.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting.
- The job role will involve carrying out all types of work both domestic and some light commercial including maintenance, remedial works and inspection and testing.
- Working safely and following company health and safety regulations to ensure the safety of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
- The successful candidate will be expected to complete various on-site paperwork such as CP12’s, short-form risk assessments, job sheets, timesheets and any other relevant paperwork.
- Completing technical site surveys.
- Ensuring contract specification standards and service delivery requirements are achieved or exceeded.
- Offering technical support to customers and other staff members.
- Delivering excellent customer service and maintaining excellent client relationships and sustaining repeat clients.
- Complete and produce on-site Risk Assessments and Method Statements and ensure these are adhered to for any works being completed.
- Ensuring all accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformances are fully reported to management.
- Growing into supervisory roles.
- Engage in renewable technology training.
- Trained to work on Domestic gas fire (and other fuel types), central heating systems.
- Providing routine correspondences both written and orally.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment, working under pressure.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Experience in working within a team, team environment.
- Used to self-managing, prioritising workloads and ensuring tasks are completed on time.
Qualifications – The engineer should possess industry recognised Qualifications.
- Gas Safe registered
- Recognised trade qualification such as City & Guilds, SVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- ACS Gas certification
- Oil qualified installer
- CPG qualification
- Air Source Heat Pump qualification
- Solar Thermal Qualification
- Disclosure Check
- Full Clean Driving License
- Mobile phone, company vehicle and company-branded workwear will be provided.
- Training will be given where required.
- Company van
- Employee discount
- Some travel involved
The job description outlines the main purposes in general terms only and is not intended to be prescriptive.
You may be required to carry out other duties in order to commensurate with the post. This will not change the character or purpose of the post but will be necessary to maintain high standards of business practice.
This job description may be altered from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Company.